Court Financial Director, Genesee County
Court Financial Director
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Performs responsible and professional financial and accounting tasks in the area of budget preparation and oversight; financial reporting for complex grants; collections; maintains, reviews, analyzes fiscal accounts, records and systems; under supervision of the Court Administrator; performs related duties as required.
The court financial director works with the Chief Judge and Court Administrator to institute best practices in the area of budget, finance and strategic planning.
The duties require the ability to work in a professional environment with the exchange of confidential information related to current and future court operations.
STATEMENT OF TASKS:
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with proscribed standards.
- Prepare and submit a variety of periodic financial reports that may be required by local, state or federal governmental units.
- Consults and collaborate with other courts, governmental agencies and units of government related to court fiscal operations.
- Assist other local courts in financial matters, as may be directed by the Chief Judge.
- Coordinate, conduct and/or supervise periodic audits of court fiscal operations and acts as the court liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Prepare and implement fiscal policies and procedures consistent with State Court
- Administrative Office (SCAO) guidelines.
- Monitor the court fiscal condition, on an on-going basis, recommending and taking corrective action for budget variances, preparing long range projections and fiscal plans to support effective court operations.
- Participate in training and continuing education in the area of finance, accounting and grant reporting.
- Prepare and submit the annual Child Care Fund Budget application, in conjunction with other court staff.
- Represent the court at various local and statewide meetings, conferences and presentations.
The statement of tasks above is intended to be sufficient to identify the class and be illustrative of the many duties that may be assigned. It should not be interpreted to describe all of the duties an employee assigned to this class may be required to perform.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of financial procedures with the ability to evaluate and introduce new methods.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting practices and procedures.
- The ability to learn a variety of software systems that may be required to submit and manage grants, perform accounts payable functions and comply with local funding unit requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with judicial and administrative staff, as well as Other court, governmental employees and the public.
- Ability to attend work regularly and plan work activities to comply with deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Economics, Business Administration or related field with five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the field.
- Prior lead or supervisory experience in a court or other governmental agency is desirable.
How to Apply:
All applicants will have to apply through https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2873093 or at www.gc4me.com. Resumes are not accepted. Questions can be directed to the Genesee County Human Resources at 810-257-3034.