Accountant, City of Dearborn
- Minimum: $47,300 per year
- Maximum: $59,917 per year
**Position will typically hire at minimum pay and follow a step progression to maximum**
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK:
This position is responsible for providing accounting support to departments. Responsibilities may include preparing accounting reports; reviewing financial documents; and performing entries and reconciliations.
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Documents and reviews daily cash position to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares various reports to ensure accuracy and completeness, may include: preparing investment reports; preparing balance sheets and income statements; and completing standard journal entries, year-end reporting.
- Reviews documents to ensure accuracy, including: reviewing and reconciling tax collections and various billings; reviewing budget requests for accuracy and reasonableness; and reviewing balance sheet accounts and reconciling standard differences.
- Reviews and approves cash disbursements for assigned units.
- Performs year-end financial entries, including: accruing financial information; adjusting ending balances; and performing related tasks.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
This job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting and one year of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
NOTE: A copy of college transcripts or verification of applicable degree must be submitted with online application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
PARTS AND WEIGHTS OF THE EXAMINATION (must receive passing grade of 70% on each part):
Written Exam 60%
Oral Interview 40%
DURATION OF LIST:
This list will be in effect for a period of six months.
LAST DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: 8:00 a.m., Monday, November 25, 2019
Apply online at www.cityofdearborn.org