Accountant, City of Farmington Hills
|OPENING DATE||April 30, 2020|
|CLOSING DATE||Friday, May 8, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.|
||Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. plus overtime as needed.|
||$54,335 - $62,200|
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- Two years of progressive accounting experience (five years is preferred).
- Some experience in governmental accounting for a municipal organization and Federal (CDBG, etc.) grant related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or CPFO preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS & TRAINING
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel and experience using computerized financial, accounting and payable systems.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform job functions accurately, confidentially, and in an organized manner.
- Must exhibit good oral and written communication skills and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Reports directly to the Controller
- Performs Accounting duties in the areas of accounts payable, project accounting, capital improvements, grant accounting, special assessments, inter-fund transfers, trusts, general/subsidiary ledger entries, monthly bank and account reconciliations, year-end accounting for the City and reporting to the State, audit preparation, budget data input, prepares and files various reports timely and accurately, complies with City policies, and completes various other accounting related duties.
HOW TO APPLY
All candidates must complete a City of Farmington Hills employment application. Applications are located at www.fhgov.com or in the Human Resources Department at City Hall (31555 West Eleven Mile Road Farmington Hills, MI 48336). Please email the completed application and supporting documents to email@example.com for consideration. Current employees should submit a letter of interest and resume to Human Resources.
All applications must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 8, 2020.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER