Accountant I, Royal Oak
Location: Royal Oak City Hall – City Treasurer Team
Job Status: Full Time
Rate of Pay: $52,364 – $58,938
This is professional accounting work within a municipal treasury department. The Accountant I is responsible for bookkeeping and accounting work relative to municipal fiscal record keeping and exercises independent judgement in the application of professional accounting principles and procedures for daily work transactions, and in the preparation, analysis and interpretation of accounting records and reports. Work is performed in accordance with established procedures under the general supervision of the Treasurer. (Full Job Description at www.romi.gov/careers )
An Accountant I, upon application, shall have the following experience and training:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in accounting, supplemented by accounting experience and training and/or coursework in governmental accounting.
Qualifications for Employment
- Working knowledge of accounting principles as applied to governmental and budgetary accounting.
- Some knowledge of laws and regulations and ordinances governing municipal financial matters.
- Working knowledge in cash handling procedures.
- Working knowledge in the review, analysis, and audit of cash handling procedures, billing and financial records.
- Working knowledge in customer service.
- Working knowledge of electronic data processing systems as they relate to accounting applications.
- Ability to use micro-computer software applications effectively.
- Ability to prepare narrative and financial reports and to keep financial records of moderate complexity.
- Ability to instruct and guide subordinate clerical employees.
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with other employees and the general public.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and documentation of bachelor's degree with application. APPLY AT WWW.ROMI.GOV/CAREERS