Accountant II, Charter Township of Washington
Accountant must be highly accurate when dealing with numbers and quick at catching and correcting errors. Excellent communication skills are a must. Ideally, the candidate should be comfortable interacting with a variety of people and departments but also be capable of working independently. Accountant frequently has exposure to a variety of high-level initiatives and projects.
The position holds responsibility to assist the Finance Manager with various general accounting duties and reporting functions of the Township. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting in preparation of the annual budget and amendments, involvement in the annual audit process, performing reconciliation functions, upholding the integrity of the general ledger, managing fixed asset inventory, payroll, weekly payables, and many other special projects. The wide variety of tasks and responsibilities makes each day a unique and exciting challenge. The position holds a high level of responsibility to ensure that that all processes and records are in compliance with all accounting standards, laws and regulations.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Accounting
- Municipal or governmental accounting preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced level of Microsoft Excel & Word and ability to proficiently utilize office equipment & computers is required
- Experience using BS&A preferred
- Strong attention to detail; organized
- Knowledge and understanding of municipal operations in order to effectively assist the accounting dept., preferred
- Ability to work under pressure without sacrificing data accuracy or integrity
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
The experience, skills and abilities listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities related to the position. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that will be considered along with other job-related selection decisions.
Starting Salary/Benefits: $50,000 - $60,000 annually in addition to a generous comprehensive benefits package (per C.B.A.) including fully paid medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 14 paid holidays, retirement plan contribution, life & disability insurance. Also available: deferred compensation plan, Flexible Spending Account, tuition reimbursement, bonus.
Job Classification: Full time 40 hours/week (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; 1 hour lunch); C.B.A.
Reports to: Finance Manager
Applicable Skills Testing may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Open Until Filled
Qualified candidates can submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org