Accounting Manager 41, Lansing
Accounting Manager 41
Salary: $62,937.24 - $94,168.08
Deadline: Friday, August 23, 2019
The Finance Department is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Accounting Manager to supervise accounting activities for the City of Lansing. This is a great opportunity to join a highly professional work environment that puts an emphasis on delivering excellent service to all internal and external customers. If you are an individual that possess excellent leadership abilities and communication skills we welcome you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervises accounting activities for the City of Lansing, including the operational activities necessary to maintain and close the City’s books and prepare financial statements.
- Reviews and supervises the work of subordinates.
- Reviews and approves City disbursements for release in accordance with City policy.
- Certifies funds for City contracts in accordance with City policy.
- Researches, develops and implements all changes to the City’s accounting system procedures and policies in conjunction with the Finance Director
- Coordinates risk management with departments and insurance agents, in conjunction with the City Attorney’s Office
- Coordinates the annual financial audit.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Financial Administration
- Or a related field and five (5) years of professional experience, including supervisory experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
*Please visit www.lansingmi.gov/jobs to submit an online employment application.