Assistant Finance Director, Charter Twp of Grand Blanc
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Union Membership: N/A
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000 DOQ yearly with an excellent fringe benefit package, including a DC plan, medical, vision, dental, short/long-term disability, life insurance, and PTO.
The Charter Township of Grand Blanc is a growing, highly sought community, with excellent municipal services in support of our resident’s needs and requests. Our municipality is currently looking to fill the position of Assistant Finance Director
within the Department of Finance. Under the direction of the Finance Director, the Assistant Finance Director serves in the support and oversight of fiscal operations of the Township. This position performs a variety of complex finance/accounting duties as directed, as well as some oversight of day-to-day financial and accounting operations, including General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Revenues, Utility Billing, and Procurement.
Successful Candidates will have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field.
· Five years of accounting experience.
· Proficiency in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Ability to effectively analyze budgets and interpret financial and accounting records.
· Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
· Confidentiality and integrity.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Independent judgment and ability to solve problems in a self-directed manner.
· Proficient in Windows and Excel.
· Knowledge of BS&A Software.
· Knowledge of governmental procurement functions.
· Additional progressively more responsible accounting work or management experience.
· Experience in governmental accounting and knowledge of GASB standards.
· Prepares and maintains various financial records such as cash and investment needs, accounts receivable, account reconciliations, and assists department heads with required financial data.
· Handles a variety of confidential materials and sensitive issues that require discretion.
· Provides support to other Township administrators, as assigned.
· Develop and oversee procurement process.
· Assists with annual budget development and preparation and monitors budget to actual variances.
· Monitor the general ledger for accuracy and reviews journal entries.
· Maintains financial records and completes various year-end schedules.
· Oversees the Township fixed assets program and prepares schedules for audit.
· Assists Finance Director in preparing and presenting pertinent records required for the annual audit.
· Provides data and financial analysis requested by the outside independent auditors.
· Prepares and records journal entries, including all cash and electronic funds transactions.
· Oversees the preparation of bank reconciliations.
· Assists in the oversight of the accounts payable function.
· Provide mentoring to other Finance Department staff through the sharing of knowledge and skills.
· Acts as a member of the team; providing a capable backup for other positions within the Finance Department.
· Perform various other related duties as assigned. *The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
IV. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily sedentary work requiring limited physical effort. The position requires visual acuity for reviewing, checking, preparing, and maintaining written and computer files. Incumbent is required to have sufficient hearing to accurately perceive information at normal spoken word levels. Manual dexterity to operate standard office, data entry, and computer equipment is required.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a drug screen and background check per Township policy. Grand Blanc Township is an equal opportunity employer.