Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Wayne County
DEPUTY CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR JOB DUTIES
The Deputy Chief Financial Officer for the Department of Management and Budget reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and assists the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the CFO on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to oversight, coordination and implementation of all activities pertaining to the Wayne County Budget. This position is appointed by the CEO and must be confirmed by the County Commission. This position is a key figure in the County’s top leadership team, is highly visible and has significant interaction with Executive Departments, Offices of other Elected Officials and other branches of County Government.
- Responsible for the coordination of the County’s annual external audit including the publishing of the County’s comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Prepare M&B related solicitations for procurements (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.).
- Review M&B related contracts for services and coordinate approval.
- Oversee the County’s debt service including analysis of debt financing or refinancing and continuing disclosure undertakings.
- Participate in the issuance of any County debt including preliminary offering statements and any other related tasks for the issuance of debt.
- Liaise between DoIT and M&B for departmental technology initiatives.
- Serves as departmental coordinator for County’s current ERP upgrade project and advises on continued strategic direction for technological advancements.
- Responsible for the oversight of and policies concerning the use of the County’s accounting and payroll systems.
- Assists the CFO and works with the County Treasurer to monitor and report on County’s liquidity position; responsible for all reporting necessary to monitor cash position of the County.
- Participation at Commission committee hearings, typically Audit Committee, Ways & Means, Full Board and Government Operations as needed and when M&B contracts are being considered.
- Approving Official for various County grants (eLOCS and ASAP systems).
- Review and approval of contracts for CFO approval.
- Any responsibilities of the CFO as needed.
- Responsible for the Financial Reporting Division and any other M&B divisions as assigned by the CFO.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is required.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree or Certified Public Accountant license is preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in complex governmental budgeting, financial planning and management experience, or any equivalent combination of education and years of experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position is required.
Online application is available at https://waynecountygovernment.applicantpro.com/jobs/1565263.html. Please include a cover letter, resume and salary requirement.
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer