Deputy Finance Director/Deputy Treasurer, City of Huntington Woods
DEPUTY FINANCE DIRECTOR/DEPUTY TREASURER
Assistant Department Head. Responsible for all aspects of financial receipts and payment systems and day to day financial operations.
Starting salary $50,000-$65,000 DOQ including full benefit package
Work is performed under the general direction of the Finance Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES, ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
An employee of this class may be called upon to do any or all of the following. (These examples do not include all of the tasks, which the employee may be expected to perform.)
1. Assists Finance Director and City Treasurer in the administration of City Finance Department.
2. Assists with annual financial statements and comprehensive annual financial report.
3. Administer and maintain payroll data on city accounting systems, including year-end and quarterly statements.
4. Assists in all aspects of receipt processing, including tax collection.
5. Receipts and reconciles all data processing batch reports to Accounts Payable and receipt systems.
6. Serves as the accounts payable and receivable clerk and interfaces with Finance Director on record keeping.
7. Reconciles and deposits cash and vouchers through accounts receivable system and assists City Treasurer in this administration.
8. Coordinates utility billing system with Treasurer, Finance and DPS Departments. Preparation and distribution of all utility billing functions.
9. Performs duties of Finance Director in his/her absence.
10. Works with Finance Director in preparation of Budget Documentation, reports, data retrieval, chart and graph preparation.
11. Assists in aspects of front counter operations, phone call and office duties as needed.
12. Special projects and reports as required by Finance Director and City Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES FOR EMPLOYMENT
All of the following knowledge, skills and abilities are essential. An employee in this position, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of Public Administration.
- Knowledge of research methods, data collection, statistical interpretation and report writing.
- Knowledge of City and department policies, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of data processing, accounting and business management.
- Skill in the operation of a personal computer for the purpose of record keeping, report preparation and correspondence.
- Skill in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in listening and referring accurate information both written and orally.
- Skill (interpersonal) to work with employees, officials and the general public effectively.
- Ability to plan, organize, supervise and coordinate diversified functions.
- Ability to prepare effective communications, reports and publicity materials.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to make effective oral and written presentations.
- Ability to relate effectively in a public relations role.
- Ability to analyze, audit and interpret complex communications and prepare detailed reports.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to see and hear well.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to work independently with little or no direction from others.
- Ability to be in attendance at City Commission Meetings or other evening meetings.
Bachelors Degree in Public Administration, Accounting, or Finance preferred. Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience working in municipal government.
These duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Resume and cover letter can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
City of Huntington Woods
Attn: Tim Rowland
Huntington Woods, MI 48070
Open until filled. First review of applicants 10/22/21
The City of Huntington Woods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The City values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration with these values in mind.