Deputy Treasurer, City of Kalamazoo
The Deputy Treasurer is responsible for assisting and supporting the daily operations of the Treasury office. This role assists with supervising the treasury staff, banking, investments, utility bill coordination, online payments, ACH processing. In addition, the position will assist with the planning and administration of the overall activities and functions of the Treasury Division, assist with the development of plans and goals and updating and maintaining internal control systems for the collection and deposit of funds throughout the City.
Examples of Duties
A qualified individual with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Establishes and monitors cash handling procedures; assists with the verification of daily cash activity.
- Supervises, coordinates, and manage staff to determining work priorities; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring personnel are trained; reviewing and approving personnel assignments; providing leadership and guidance; and making hiring, disciplinary and termination recommendations.
- Assists with analyzing data and prepares reports and projections for budget purposes, studies, and special projects.
- Assists with supervising tax collection and management of the weekly disbursement routine process.
- Monitors miscellaneous receivable collection; plans the billing and collection activities to ensure responsiveness and courteous customer service.
- Process bank transfer requests.
- Researches, develops, and implements ways to streamline or eliminate existing office procedures to improve efficiencies.
- Processes online payments; creates monthly reports documenting the use of the system; suggests areas of improvement.
- Processes ACH utility payments and posting of online transactions in BSA software.
- Oversees cash balancing, post activity from daily cash transactions.
- Approves payment of invoices in ERP system and communicates with vendors.
- Reviews and approves employee time and attendance for payroll processing
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of State Property tax law, General Property Tax Act, and related sections.
- Knowledge of BS&A programs, specifically Cash Receipting, Utility Billing, Tax, Delinquent Personal Property, Miscellaneous Receivables, Special Assessments.
- Successful leadership and supervisory experience.
- Strong, clear communicator and excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to communicate with all levels effectively and positively within the organization; excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, prioritizes well, shows energy, responds to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications and an understanding of PC/Mainframe computers.
- Michigan Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
Acceptable Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of equivalent experience.
For more details and to apply visit, Job Openings | City of Kalamazoo Employment Opportunities (governmentjobs.com)