Deputy Treasurer, Keego Harbor
The City of Keego Harbor, Michigan is seeking applicants for the position of Deputy Treasurer.
The City of Keego Harbor has a population of 3,000 residents and is located in suburban Oakland County. Keego Harbor is a lake community, including Cass Lake, the largest lake in Oakland County. The area is renowned for its water recreation resources.
The ideal candidate will possess strong administrative, treasury and finance skills. While the deputy treasurer will report directly to the city manager/treasurer, he or she must be able to work collaboratively with the City Council, the City's leadership team, community stakeholders, members of the municipal staff as well as vendors that provide services to Keego Harbor.
It would be beneficial if the candidate has documented municipal experience and a history of working in city finance and treasury roles - but municipal experience is not required. Most importantly, the City is seeking a deputy treasurer that will provide effective fiscal and budget oversight and have strong organization and administrative skills. The candidate will be expected to:
- Complete the daily balancing and reporting of funds gathered by the City for taxes, building invoices, miscellaneous receivable invoices, and other miscellaneous bills
- Assist the treasurer with annual property tax settlements as well as the collection of delinquent personal property taxes
- Reconcile account receivables
- Maintain varied ledgers, auditing and reconciling reports and information
- Operate the cash register and processes monetary transactions
- Create invoices for miscellaneous receivables
- Perform daily bank cash deposits
- Process bi-weekly payroll, unemployment and monthly/quarterly reports
- Enter data changes for employee and retiree benefits (health, dental, vision, life, pension), manage HSA calculations and disbursements.
- Complete tasks directed by the city manager
(Note: The listing of duties in this job specification is representative, not exhaustive. It is not necessarily a detailed description of all work responsibilities and it does not give exclusive title to every function described.)
- Working knowledge of modern municipal principles, procedures, and techniques
- Preference given to those who have BS&A local software management knowledge, as well as finance/treasury experience.
- Must maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Must complete and submit a City of Keego Harbor background questionnaire and pass an extensive background investigation.
Pay range is between $19 and $25 an hour, depending upon experience and qualifications. We will consider both part time and full time applicants for the position.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume listing education, work experience, and salary expectations. Resumes will be accepted between January 22 and February 28, 2019 by 12:00 P.M.
All cover letters, resumes and salary requirements shall be emailed to Tom Ryan, Keego Harbor’s city attorney: email@example.com