Finance Coordinator, Bloomfield Township Public Library
The Bloomfield Township Public Library is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Finance Coordinator committed to high quality library service to join our team. The Library serves a community of 44,000 people and has a $8.3 million annual operating budget. There is strong community support for the Library and the collections, services, and programs it offers. The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to provide quality public service and the desire to work in a collaborative, team environment.
|POSITION TITLE:||Finance Coordinator|
|DEPARTMENT:||Administration, reporting to Library Director|
|HOURS:||Full-time-37.5 hours. Must be flexible to address workload and attend occasional evening meetings of the Library Board of Trustees.|
WAGES & BENEFITS
Salary range $ 59,129.77 - $81,128.77. Benefits include paid leave time such as vacation, sick, holiday and emergency time. Health insurance, dental/optical insurance, term life and disability income insurance provided. Eligible for deferred compensation and other voluntary benefits. Opportunity to participate in professional development.
- Provides positive, professional service to the public and administrative support to the Library Director and Library Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate all financial management activities for the Library in compliance with current regulations, policies, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Accounts for all library receivables, payables, investments, operating budget, and gift fund.
- Reports revenues and expenditures, asset and liabilities to the Library Director and Trustees.
- Develops the annual Library budget with the Library Director and Trustees.
- Prepares payroll and maintains employee benefit sheets and information and assists staff with benefit questions.
- Prepares and records statistics and other reports as requested.
- Maintains fixed assets inventory.
- Maintains a Capital Improvements Plan.
- Collaborate with the Library’s leadership team on process improvements, internal controls, and financial procedures for the Library.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Reconcile cash register reports with deposits prepared daily.
- Oversee accounts payable/receivable sage 50 database.
- Review and print checks for invoices.
- Research unpaid or overpaid invoices.
- Reconcile bank statements for funds.
- Input daily revenue amounts by specific revenue line item.
- Maintain general ledger.
- Update vendor files (add vendors, change addresses).
- Carry out board’s investment policy, as delegated by library director, by contacting area banks for current investment rates and best terms and act as liaison with investment firms.
- Record employee benefit time records.
- Verify time sheets to prepare payroll, calling supervisors for information as needed.
- Deliver payroll to township accounting department for processing.
- Take check to post office to maintain postal bulk mail and return mail accounts.
- Generate monthly payables report and explain significant items for library director’s report to board of trustees.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for Board meeting.
- Prepare monthly reports of utility use.
- Assist Library Director in preparation of annual budget and budget documents.
- Functions as alternating “Senior in Charge” of building.
- Act as liaison with township accounting staff.
- Act as liaison with auditors.
- Take deposits to area banks.
- Submit building insurance claims.
- Update fixed asset inventory.
- Issue reimbursements from petty cash fund and keep petty cash balance up-to-date.
- Run and distribute mail as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and one to three years’ experience as a full charge bookkeeper.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Excel, Word, Outlook and Sage accounting software.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting, budgeting, cost control procedures, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and accounting and auditing practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills to work effectively with Trustees, library staff, vendors and others in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work well independently.
- Flexible with schedule.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull at least 20 pounds.
- Ability to visually review materials and discern voice and audible tones.
- Experience using inventory software.
APPLICATION: Due Sunday, June 26
- cover letter
- completed library application form
The application is available on the Library’s website at btpl.org/about-us/employment-volunteer/ and at the Library’s Welcome Desk. Applications can also be delivered to the Library in person.
Bloomfield Township Public Library
1099 Lone Pine Road, Bloomfield Township, MI 48302
Fax: (248) 258-2555
Bloomfield Township Public Library champions the power of words to spark discovery and imagination.
For more information about the Library, visit our website: www.btpl.org