Finance Director, Genesee County
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business with at least twenty-one (21) semester hours in accounting classes and five (5) years governmental accounting or non-profit accounting or grant accounting experience involving the maintenance of ledgers and the preparation and analysis of annual financial statements;
Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business with at least twenty-one (21) semester hours in accounting classes and two (2) years governmental accounting or non-profit accounting or grant accounting experience involving the maintenance of ledgers and the preparation and analysis of annual financial statements.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs highly responsible and complex duties in the planning, development, implementation of financial policies and procedures and general financial administration and supervision of GCCARD Finance Department; Appointed by and works at the pleasure of the GCCARD Executive Director; Reports to GCCARD Deputy Executive Director; performs financial related duties as required and assigned.
STATEMENT OF TASKS:
- Supervises subordinate staff, including clerical, professional and supervisors, as directed by the Deputy Executive Director;
- Assists in the day-to-day administration of GCCARD finance and operations;
- Plans and organizes the development and implementation of financial computer applications and new office procedures;
- Oversees the design, implementation, coordination, and supervision of financial management information systems
- Assists in the supervision of financial programs and procedures of GCCARD operations;
- Serves as technical financial resource for GCCARD programs and staff;
- Interviews applicants for financial employment;
- Serves the public as necessary and assists staff with difficult financial problems and situations;
- Prepares and/or assists in the development of GCCARD Financial Statements, Statement of Expenditures, Program / Department Budgets;
- Acts as liaison with County departments and officials, and state and federal agencies regarding financial matters, at the direction of the Executive Director.
To apply, visit https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3765418.