Finance Director/Clerk to the Board-Eaton County
The Eaton County Road Commission is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Finance Director/Clerk to the Board.
Under the general direction of the Engineer-Manager and the Eaton County Board of Road Commissioners, the Finance Director/Clerk of the Board manages the accounting, financial, human resources and information technology functions and supervises the office staff. Also acts as Clerk for the Board of Road Commissioners.
Examples of Duties:
- Monitors and maintains full and accurate general ledger and overall accounting/financial reporting system/process/function. Ensures compliance with relevant statutes, policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepares and distributes board agendas and advertises meetings under the direction of the Engineer-Manager. Prepares the meeting minutes and manages the records and the flow of documents to and from the Board.
- Prepares monthly financial statements and reports for the Board and management.
- Provides financial and accounting advice, direction and recommendations to staff, Engineer-Manager and Board.
- Establishes, maintains and reviews internal controls.
- Supervises the payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Prepares, oversees, reviews, and suggests updates to Road Commission policies and procedures. Maintains current policies and procedures.
- Supervises and monitors annual financial statement audit, worker's compensation audit and other compliance audits as necessary.
- Coordinates and prepares the annual budget and periodic budget amendments. With the Engineer-Manager, recommends an annual budget to the Board, and revises as necessary. Monitors receipts and expenditures of funds and advises staff and the Board as to the status of the budget.
- Prepares the Annual Act 51 Financial Report and supporting schedules. Prepares the Supplemental Annual Report and annual Local Road Millage Program Report for public distribution.
- Manages the information technology function including hardware and software issues. Supports Road Commission staff and serves as liaison to the contracted IT consultants. Develops and maintains the Road Commission's website. Manages and posts to the Road Commission's social media accounts with cooperation from other personnel. Monitors the general e-mail account and the e-mail accounts for certain Road Commissioners. Responds to or distributes communications from the general public via e-mail, website or social media to the appropriate persons.
- Responsible for the human resources function including employee benefits, salaries and wages, mandatory reporting and programs, personnel files and interaction with service and program providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- Five years of related experience including supervision of staff
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate financial and other records, correspondence, and reports
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees, appointed officials, and the public
- Advanced skill in the use of office equipment and technology
- CPA certification is preferred
- Knowledge of road agency accounting concepts is preferred
- Candidate will be expected to have or be able to obtain designation as a Notary Public
The Eaton County Road Commission offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and application to the Eaton County Road Commission at 1112 Reynolds Rd, Charlotte, MI 48813 or by email to email@example.com. Applications and a full job description are available at www.eatonountyroad.com/about-us/careers.
Applications/resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Eaton County Road Commission is an equal opportunity employer.