Finance Manager/Benefits Coordinator, West Bloomfield Twp Public Library
WEST BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY
POSITION OPENING – MAIN LIBRARY
POSITION: Finance Manager/Benefits Coordinator – Full Time (35 hours per week)
- Degree in finance or accounting (preferred).
- Minimum of three years professional experience.
- Experience in a municipal or library environment preferred.
- Accounting software proficiency (Solomon preferred).
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Access.
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility.
- Absolute dedication to integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain benefits concepts in basic terms.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, supervisors, Library Board, and vendors.
- High standard of work, with goal of “zero errors.”
- Maintains the Library’s accounting system through the preparation of financial statements and reports at stated intervals and upon request;
- Prepares accounts payable activities by preparation of purchase procedures; verification of materials receipt; documentation for payables; check preparation for Board signature; monthly checklist; and updating vendor accounts;
- Prepares payroll for submission to outside vendor and supervises payroll activity; prepares and maintains payroll records for all employees; Handles federal and state tax payments and federal and state tax report filings through payroll system;
- Maintains personnel records, including completion of necessary paperwork for new hires and terminations;
- Handles banking activities, including deposits and bank account statement reconciliation;Administers all employee benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, defined contribution pension plan; calculates and maintains benefit time accrual balances (sick, personal, holiday, vacation);
- Maintains fixed assets/depreciation inventory in coordination with the branch managers and automation coordinator;
- Primary responsibility for preparing for annual audit, including year-end procedures and reports prior to audit; production of documentation and other tasks as requested by auditors;
- Assists Library Director with budget preparation and amendments;
- Maintains Library’s accounting software for accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger; responsible for scheduling and recommending additions and upgrades to software;
- Assists the Library Director with special projects as requested;
- Other duties as assigned
See: http://www.westbloomfieldlibrary.org/aboutus/employment.php for additional information regarding qualifications, responsibilities, and the application form.
SALARY RANGE: $55,908 - $66,757 depending on qualifications
BENEFITS: Medical with prescription, dental, optical, disability and life insurance coverage; defined contribution plan; additional voluntary deferred compensation plan; vacation; holiday; personal and sick leave; paid memberships in professional associations.
DEADLINE: May 1, 2021
START DATE: July 1, 2021
APPLICATION: Cover letter, resume, online application form, and three professional work-related references submitted online at