Financial Accountant, Region 10 Port Huron
Position: Professional Level II: Financial Accountant
Reference Number: 2018-12
Date Posted: 10/16/18
Closing Date: Open until Filled
Starting Salary: $52,700
Hours/Schedule: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start Date: TBD
General Statement of Duties
The Financial Accountant is an administrative position that works under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in providing financial support to Region 10 PIHP in the areas of accounting and financial reporting.
Under the general direction of the CFO, the Financial Accountant is required to perform some or all of the following duties, however these do not include all of the tasks which the employee may be expected to perform:
- Perform activities and reporting of finance, general accounting, cost/budget accounting, bookkeeping, payroll entries into the general ledger, and accounts payable/receivable work, consistent with federal, state, and local governmental accounting standards and generally accepted accounting principles
- Perform work in budget preparation for the Region 10 annual budget and for project / grant related areas including analysis and assisting in creation of budget reports
- Assist in the preparation of required reports/financial statements for the organization on a monthly and annual basis
- Prepare for, and assist in, external financial audits and all regulatory audits requiring financial support
- Work with CFO to monitor budget expenditures for all Region 10 programs
- Perform and summarize account analysis in areas of revenue and expenditures, and development of departmental performance reporting.
- Assist in developing relevant financial policy and procedures
Minimum Qualifications: (An employee must have the following credentials, training, and experience.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years of experience in the accounting and financial reporting function
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial processes and controls
- Experience with the health care industry and/or governmental accounting
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and financial software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Experience with Great Plains financial software
- Experience with Community Mental Health, Prepaid Inpatient Health Plan, or Medicaid Health Plan entities
- Apply at www.region10pihp.org under Employment Opportunities.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
- When submitting an application, be sure to include evidence that the minimum qualifications are met (resume, copy of license, copy of educational transcripts, description of years of experience, skill based experience/training, letters of reference, etc.).
- This position will be hired as employment-at-will.
- Applicants that meet the initial screening may be subject to a pre-interview test lasting up to two (2) hours.
- Any offer of employment is contingent upon a Criminal Background Check, as well as a 5 Panel Drug Screen. Potential candidates will be sent for a drug screen at a designated location at their own expense. When results are negative for the drug screen, the candidate will be reimbursed for the cost of the screening.
- Region 10 PIHP embraces an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery, a person-centered approach to treatment/services, and cultural competence. An employee in this or any position is expected to support the employment environment.
- Region 10 PIHP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Region 10 PIHP complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.