Fiscal Services Supervisor, Oakland County
Fiscal Services Supervisor
Salary: $73,371.48 - $98,303.40 Annually
Location: Waterford, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2023-236
Department: Fiscal Services
Opening Date: 09/05/2023
Closing Date: Continuous
is responsible for specialized highly complex duties necessary for the accurate implementation, performance and review of various functions within the Fiscal Services Division. Ensures that fiscal services practices are in accordance with accepted techniques and legislative requirements. Recommends techniques and procedures to increase efficiency of accounting, budget, and /or grant programs. Coordinates the development or implementation of fiscal practices, programs, procedures and regulations with other County departments. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of a variety of financial reports and documents for the Board of Commissioners, federal, state or local agencies. Provides technical guidance, supervision and training to employees involved in the preparation of various financial publications and documents, or collection and maintenance of accounts with monies owed to the County. Utilizes various computer financial information systems in the preparation of financial reports. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
· Thoroughly documented work history
· Transcript with award date
· The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
At the time of application, applicants must:
1. Possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Public Administration or related field.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
2. Have had four (4) years of full-time work experience in the development and/or administration of grant programs, financial analysis, business administration, general accounting, cost accounting, economic analysis, personnel administration or related area, including one (1) year of supervisory or leader experience.
3. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
4. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience Section of your NEOGOV application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer your work history into the Work Experience Section prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. Please review the job posting, specifically the purpose of the position and the minimum qualifications, prior to answering the work experience question; and note that only related work experience will be considered. NOTE: Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills, experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualifications.
If a job offer is made, an official transcript with the award date will be required. Transcripts from outside the United States must be assessed for U.S. equivalency by a NACES National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html).