Introduction to Public Finance
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
12:30 - 4:30 pm
This half-day seminar is being held in conjuction with the 2019 MGFOA Spring Seminar. This session qualifies for 3 CPE Credits - 2 Accounting and 1 General.
- Register for this session using the registration button.
- The MGFOA is offering its introductory training session to individuals who may be newly entering the world of public finance, perhaps as a newly hired staff member or an elected official.
- Veteran members of the MGFOA will give a primer on Budgeting, Fund Balance, Revenue Sources, Financial Reporting, Audits, Investments, Capital Planning and Debt Financing.
- The session is planned from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM on March 5, 2019 which is the afternoon prior to the MGFOA Spring Seminar. The session will take place at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center in East Lansing where the Spring Seminar will be hosted.
|Introduction & Summary of Program||12:30 - 12:35pm|
|12:35 - 1:30pm|
|Break||1:30 - 1:45pm|
|Financial Reporting / Audit||1:45 - 2:45pm|
|Investments||2:45 - 3:15pm|
|Break||3:15 - 3:30pm|
|Capital Planning / Debt Financing||3:30 - 4:25pm|
|Questions & Wrap up||4:25 - 4:30pm|
No refunds will be made for cancellations received after February 22, 2019.
If you need overnight accommodations to stay for Spring Seminar, reservations may be made by phone or online with the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center at 800-875-5090. The hotel has a block of rooms at a discounted rate of $125.00, which are available under the group code 1903SEMINA until February 12, 2019.
Online Reservation Instructions:
1. Go to www.kelloggcenter.com
2. Click on the “Reservations” link at the top of the page
3. Select “Book Now Online” link
4. Enter arrival, departure, rooms, and number of adults/children
5. Select “More Options” and enter the Group Code 1903SEMINA
6. Click “Check Availability”
Phone Reservation Instructions:
1. Call 800-875-5090 and refer to the group code 1903SEMINA
2. Monday-Friday 7:30am-7:00pm and Saturday 10:00am-2:00pm