MGFOA Fall Training Institute 2022
Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
187 Monroe Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
The FINAL AGENDA is posted on the right side of the page.
*Includes only the Monday President's Reception and Tuesday Banquet, but does not include drink tickets or any other meals. If you are bringing a guest to the hotel but the guest will not attend these two events, there is no need to register the guest.
Note: Hard-copy registrations will incur a $5 service fee.
Refund Policy: Notice of cancellations must be received by August 28, 2022. No refunds will be made after that date.
- Group Name: MGFOA Fall Training Institute
- Check-in is at 4pm; check-out is at 11am
A limited block of hotel rooms will be held at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel through August 25, 2022.
|Room Type||Room Rate*|
*The above room rate does not include 6% sales tax, 9% local assessment.
- Click the link for reserving your lodging.https://book.passkey.com/e/50352727
- By providing the group name, individuals will also be able to make reservations by calling toll free 1-800-253-3590.
- Reservations must be accompanied by a valid major credit card, check or money order made payable to the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. The amount of deposit required equals the value of the first night’s accommodation, including tax. Guaranteed reservations are held for arrival until 6:00 AM on the day following the first night reserved. A $50.00 early departure fee is assessed upon check-out to all early departed reservations.
- Deposits are refundable if notice of cancellation is received by the Hotel Reservations Department at least 48 hours prior to the date of expected arrival.
Map of Meeting Space:
Here is the link of the meeting space at the hotel. We will have a few maps available on site.
Special Overnight Guest Parking Rates:
- Self-parking $12.00 per night
- Valet parking $18.00 per night (unlimited in/out privileges)
The proposed Bylaws amendements posted on the right side of this page will be voted on at the annual meeting. Please review the changed (noted with Track Changes in Word). If you have questions or concerns about any of the proposed amendments, please email Executive@MiGFOA.org.
The Michigan Government Finance Officers Association has a scholarship program available to members in good standing seeking financial aid to attend the Fall Institute. $500 Scholarship awards will cover the cost of registration and a portion of your travel. In considering the scholarship award, preference will be given to applicants who:
- Have not previously received a scholarship from the MGFOA;
- Have not attended the Fall Institute in the past three years;
- Are financially unable to attend due to budget reductions, or other financial factors;
- Are likely to continue their participation in MGFOA after the scholarship has been awarded.
It is not necessary for an applicant to meet all four criteria. The MGFOA Board of Directors will award scholarships to individuals that best meet these criteria. The Board reserves the right to recruit applicants, without promise of an award, who may satisfy these criteria. Visit the Event Documents section of this page for an application.
A member receiving a Fall Institute scholarship is not automatically registered for the Fall Institute. Please register online. We recommend waiting until you hear the outcome of the scholarship application before registering to avoid the need to process a refund.
Please submit your application by July July 29, 2022 to the Executive Director at Executive@migfoa.org.