Property Tax and Cash Manager, City of Auburn Hills
This position will assist in managing and coordinating the activities and operations of the property tax and other receivable administration and cash management. This position will provide a variety of routine and complex clerical and administrative work in the administration of the city government.
As directed by the Department Head, this position will work under the direct supervision of the Deputy Finance Director/Treasurer providing highly responsible and complex administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and coordinate the activities and operation of the Finance/Treasurer Division’s property taxes and other receivables.
- Manage or assist in the management of cash and investment processes including performing complex
analyses, preparing worksheets and other reports to support bank reconciliations and other cash collection
and cash management functions, audit schedules, cash flow and revenue projections.
- Manages the administration of tax revenue collections as well as other revenue collections. Tax
administration includes processing, billing, collection, distribution to all taxing entities and annual
- Manages, reconciles, and ensures compliance with all cash and credit collections. Performs all bank
related job assignments; monitors and maintains banking information and cash needs. Provide
recommendations to senior staff to ensure appropriate balances are available to meet cash needs.
- Assist with required investment decisions and prepares and may present investment reports to elected
officials.Performs monthly reconciliation of accounts receivables; including but not limited to quarterly review of accounts receivable aging reports with annual distribution of the report for departmental review for year-end processes, creation and collection of miscellaneous invoices and reconciles monthly delinquent tax settlement with Oakland County.
- Plans, gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinates
department activities with other departments and agencies as needed.
- Assures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget; perform cost control activities;
monitor expenditures in assigned area to assure sound fiscal control.
- Determines and documents all work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow; study
and standardize procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Attends County tax user group meetings. May attend regular and special city council or other board
meetings as required.
- Provides public information to citizens, civic groups, the media and other agencies as requested.
Pay and Benefits
$54,169.00 - $58,839.00 per year
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Disability insurance, Health insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, Short-Term Disability, Accidental Death Benefit, Employee Assistance Program, Professional Development, Paid vacation and sick time off.
For more details on the job description, click here.
Applicants must submit an employment application www.auburnhills.org/departments/human_resources/job_postings letter of interest, resume listing qualifications, and provide a minimum of three, current, professional references to the Human Resources, City of Auburn Hills 1827 N. Squirrel Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Open until filled. EOE