Revenue Accountant, SMART
Job Title: Revenue Accountant
Section: Governmental Accounting & Accounts Payable
Under general supervision, the Revenue Accountant is assigned to handle complex assignments or special projects relating to budget analysis, accounting or financial reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates cash and receivable data for the month-end closing of Authority’s financial books, prepares financial records for recording of cash receipts, ticket and card sales.
- Prepares invoicing for miscellaneous transit services to third party agencies.
- Responsible for tagging of the fixed assets over $5,000.
- Participates in reporting on all Authority property records.
- Monitors fare-log collections by third-party contractor.
- Responsible for the distribution, inventory control, and ordering of SMART cards/tickets as needed.
- Prepares financial records for cash receipts, ticket and card sales.
- Analyzes and produces reports for unauthorized key usage.
- Assists in the coordination and preparation of the Authority budget.
- Prepares weekly, monthly and annual revenue data for cash flow projections as needed.
- Assists accounting personnel with routine questions and problems.
- Prepares special reports as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Three years of accounting experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for minimum requirements.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with computers and accounting software.
THE AUTHORITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE OR CHANGE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME.