Year End Financial Statements and Closing Adjustments (including single audit)
This program provides a basic overview of the year-end closing process for governmental entities and what it takes to close the books successfully each year in preparation for your audit. It also covers an overview of the risk-based auditing standards, material weaknesses and significant deficiencies. It will help you understand what you need to do to avoid receiving bad news from your auditors. The program will address the definition of significant deficiency and material weakness in internal control. It will help you learn what is expected of the finance staff vs. what the auditors can help with and when they can help. It will cover who can prepare the financial statements, aka – are my auditors prohibited from helping with our financial statements? In addition, the program will include federal grant guidance regarding SEFA preparation, current happenings, and key items needed to help ensure you properly record federal grant revenue and expense.
Successful completion of this session and implementing these ideas will help your audit go smoothly.
Understanding recent auditing/accounting standards
|10:30-11:00am||Single audit year-end close guidance|
Specific topics to be covered include the basics of:
- Kari Shea, Plante Moran
- Tara Synowiec, Plante Moran
- Danielle Kelley, Plante Moran
- Karen Kovacs, City of Marquette
- Credit card is the only payment method accepted for this webinar.
- If you have a credit from a previous event cancellation, you will be able to choose "MGFOA Credit" as your payment method.
- The recording will be available for purchase after it is uploaded. Please do not attempt to register for the recording at this time.
- Your personal Zoom link to access the webinar will be emailed by Tuesday, June 7, 2022. You WILL NOT receive the link at the time of registration.
- Those registering on or after June 7 will receive their links by Monday, June 13.
- Registration will close Friday, June 10.
- Paid attendees to the webinar will receive the recording complimentary.
- No refunds will be made for cancellations received after June 7, 2022.