Accountant, Michigan Municipal League
The Michigan Municipal League (the League) is seeking an experienced Accountant to assist our Finance team in providing a variety of accounting functions. The approximate salary range for this position is $52,000 - $60,000, depending on qualifications. The selected candidate will perform a variety of non-profit accounting work for multiple entities, including cash flow statements, financial reporting, and other related activities. We’re looking for a self-starter who can quickly learn new skills and deliver prompt and outstanding work. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is willing to take on new challenges, and can effectively and accurately juggle multiple tasks within deadlines. Incredible organization and attention to detail is a must, along with a positive attitude and a willingness to jump in to do what’s needed to get the job done.
If you were working for us, here are just some things you would do:
- Perform day-to-day non-profit accounting work of the League and its affiliate organizations.
- Prepare journal entries, various reconciliations, and financial statements and narratives.
- Assist with budget and audit activities and other year-end reporting.
- Provide direction to other department staff.
- Serve as a back-up to other departmental functions such as processing deposits, accounts receivable, and/or accounts payable.
About You - Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or related field.
- Three or more years of responsible accounting experience.
- Prior experience working in a non-profit is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong knowledge of and familiarity in using accounting software programs.
- Knowledge of and familiarity in working with customer relationship databases.
- Knowledge of general office administration.
- Intermediate skill working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word).
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to effectively lead and complete projects within deadlines.
- Ability to connect dots and see the bigger picture.
The Michigan Municipal League is a non-profit association dedicated to making Michigan’s communities better by thoughtfully innovating programs, energetically connecting ideas and people, actively serving members with resources and services, and passionately inspiring positive change for Michigan’s communities. Through advocacy at the state and federal level, we proactively represent municipalities in order to help them sustain highly livable, desirable, and unique places within the state. We create and offer services and events to our members in order to help educate and inspire them to remain focused on their passion for the areas they represent. To learn more, visit www.mml.org.
Here's What We Have to Offer:
We are looking for people who believe in our mission to help communities around the state. In return, we offer an exciting, energetic, and casual atmosphere.
In addition to being such a cool place to work, the League also offers a competitive benefits package, including a platinum-level health insurance plan, a retirement savings plan with a generous employer match, paid time off, and a variety of other benefit offerings.
Interested in Joining our Team?
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Accountant” in the subject line. All finalists will be subject to a background examination. Michigan law requires applicants to request confidentiality if desired. The League is an equal opportunity employer.