MGFOA members are involved in all areas of local government finance and hail from both public and private sector. We welcome you to join us as we advance the goals of excellence in local government finance!
Joining/renewing now will make you a member through September 30, 2019.
MGFOA memberships are professional, individual memberships that stay with the entity that paid for the membership. If you have experienced an employment change, contact MGFOA to transfer your CPE and registration history to your new membership account.
Questions? Please contact the Executive Director or any Executive Board member for additional information.
Membership Referral Program
MGFOA members who are credited for bringing in 5 or more new members into the organization over the fiscal year will receive the following benefits:
Bronze Level – at least 5 new members:
- Recognition by the MGFOA in the form of:
- Presidential recognition at the MGFOA Fall Institute;
- Inclusion on a listing on the MGFOA website for the balance of the fiscal year until it is replaced by the following year winners;
- Complimentary MGFOA membership for 1 year.
Silver Level – at least 10 new members (in addition to Bronze Level benefits):
- Complimentary registration at the MGFOA Spring Seminar;
Gold Level – at least 15 new recruits (in addition to Bronze & Silver Level benefits):
- Complimentary registration at the MGFOA Fall Conference
- Entry into a drawing with other Gold Level recipients’ for a chance to introduce Keynote speaker at Spring Seminar or Fall Conference
Platinum Level – at least 20 new recruits (in addition to Bronze, Silver, and Gold Level benefits):
- Entry into a drawing with other Platinum Level recipients’ for a chance to win one year GFOA membership.
- “Member Spotlight” article in a newsletter or on the MGFOA website.
“New Member” Definition: The definition of a “New Member” shall be any person who has not been a member of the MGFOA for the past five (5) years
Individual Eligible for the Incentive Program: Only MGFOA members are eligible to participate in the Incentive Program (ie individual’s membership dues must be current).