Administrative Specialist I, City of Farmington
Administrative Specialist I - City Treasurer’s Office
The City of Farmington is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Specialist I.
Hourly rate: $17.00 to $20.00 depending on qualifications, approx. 22.5 hrs per week.
Primary responsibilities include:
- assisting the Deputy Treasurer with payroll processing and property tax transactions;
- assisting the Controller with general accounting tasks;
- performing clerical tasks and general office procedures, including cash receipting, daily/weekly cashout, mail processing, filing, etc.
- Reports to Director of Finance and Administration and works closely with Deputy Treasurer and Controller.
Minimum requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as data processing, bookkeeping, typing, filing, etc. or
- two years of related experience, preferably in local government, or
- an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be highly productive, knowledgeable, personable, self-directed and detail oriented. A complete job description is available at https://www.farmgov.com/City-Services/Employment-Opportunities/Part-Time-Administrative-Specialist-I-City-Treasur.aspx .
Submit letter of application and resume detailing how you meet the above qualifications, along with a completed City of Farmington Employment Application found at http://www.farmgov.com/City-Services/Forms-and-Permits/Human-Resources/EmploymentApplication.aspx to 23600 Liberty Street, Farmington, MI 48335, or email to email@example.com by August 16, 2019.