Assistant Controller, Charter Twp of Flint
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER – CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF FLINT
ANNUAL SALARY OF $50,000 PLUS BENEFITS.
The Assistant Controller will work under the direct supervision of the Controller and will learn and perform all the duties of the Controller in order to take over the Controller's position when she retires in June 2021.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
- Preparing annual budgets
- Preparation of financial statements
- Long-term financial forecasting and planning
- Supervision of accounting staff and the performance of their duties including accounts payable, payroll and fringe benefits administration
- Retirement system administration for both defined benefit and defined contribution plans
- Accounting for the township's sewer and water system
- Analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Administering federal, state and local grants
- Preparation of the annual continuing disclosure report
- Preparation of various reports and compiling documentation for the township's annual audit
- Preparation and filing for various required reporting such as for PA 202 and the annual F65.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in accounting or finance, or related field. In the absence of a Bachelor's Degree, experience in governmental accounting will be taken into consideration.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Governmental Accounting Standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and to work well with others.
Applications and job description may be obtained from the office of the Flint Township Clerk located at 1490 S Dye Road, Flint, MI 48532 during regular working hours of 8:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday, or online at www.flinttownship.org. The Charter Township of Flint is an Equal Opportunity Employer.