Chief Financial Officer, SE Michigan area
A large government municipality located in southeastern Michigan with an annual budget of over $500 million is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our executive team. The CFO will provide financial guidance and recommendations to the Executive team, direct, implement and administer the financial procedures and practices to assure the financial health and viability of the municipality. The CFO oversees and directs the activities in the finance department.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish finance operational strategies for the organization evaluating contractual and compliance requirements and implementing critical measurements for service and cost efficiency;
- Assist the Executive team in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining the cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery;
- Coordinate all financial reporting, budget creation and monitoring, risk management, procurement, audit and compliance requirement by Federal, State and other regulatory agencies;
- Oversee development of internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as, budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting;
- Work with the Executive team on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on local, state, and national levels, as well as assist in the development and negotiation of contracts;
- Ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes: 1) interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and contractual guidelines, 2) ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel, and 3) monitoring compliance;
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information;
- S. degree in Accounting or Finance required with active CPA certification preferred.
- MBA or other advanced graduate degree and public accounting experience a plus but not required.
- 10+ years of experience in finance, accounting, operations and strategy including executive or senior leadership level management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP, Uniform Guidance, Government Accounting Standards Board and Internal Revenue Code required. Experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
Please apply using the following link: https://confidentialposting.applicantpro.com/jobs/1192881.html
The municipality offers a competitive total compensation package and excellent employee benefits. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
Position is open until filled Equal Opportunity Employer