Director of Finance and Administration, City of Three Rivers
Full Time Director of Finance and Administration
The City of Three Rivers is hiring for a Director of Finance and Administration. Under the direction of the City manager, this position will direct, manage and oversee the activities and operations of the Administrative Services Departments, including Finance, Purchasing, Human Resources, Information Technology and Risk Management; administer the fiscal operations of the City; provide direction and strategic planning for various projects assigned by the City Manager; functions as the Chief Financial Officer for the City; provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the City Manager; and perform other duties as assigned by the City Manager.
• Monitor accounting activities in all City funds to ensure accurate, comprehensive, complete, and consistent records.
• Responsible for ensuring accuracy and efficiency of daily financial operations, including verification, and posting of accounts receivable and all receipts, pre-audits on accounts payable checks for accuracy and proper account coding, and review of general ledger transactions for accuracy and proper classification.
• Prepare required Transparency reports as required by State and Federal mandates.
• Maintains chart of accounts in accordance with State mandates and City policies and procedures.
• Responsible for purchasing and bidding process, including RFP preparation.
• Completes monthly and year end closing processes.
• Prepares monthly financial statements.
• Serves as City Treasurer; plan and administer the investment of City funds; coordinates transactions with various financial institutions; maintains records of investments.
• Oversees timely completion of bank account reconciliations as well as monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Assist with budget development, forecasting and analysis.
• Conduct activities to prepare for the City’s Internal Audit. Identifies and completes internal audit projects with assistance of other finance department personnel.
• Monitor all state and federal grants, prepare grant reimbursement requests and final expenditure reports.
• Assist with City Risk Management and Property Liability.
• Ensures that the Finance Department is committed to customer service and is responsible to all employee questions and responds in a timely and professional manner.
• Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating of Finance Department staff.
• Perform other duties and activities as assigned by the City Manager.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, public administration or a closely related field is required, or equivalent combination of experience and education. MBA/MPA/CPA plus three (3) years of municipal and economic development experience is preferred. Four (4) years of broad and increasingly responsible administrative experience in financial management, planning, organization, coordination, and direction of varied municipal activities including a portion of which involved personnel administration and supervising other professional staff.
Salary for the position is $80,000-$95,000 commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience, plus excellent benefits.
Apply on-line at https://www.threeriversmi.org/jobs/. Position open until filled.
City of Three Rivers
Equal Housing Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer