Finance Director, City of Grand Haven
The City of Grand Haven is seeking to fill the position of Finance Director. The retiring director, with 24 years of service, has set the stage in ensuring a stable, creative, and strategic budget process for the City of Grand Haven.
This is a period of significant transition, and the City prides itself not only on a very well- built system but a progressive mindset. In filling this position, the City seeks a candidate that is innovative, proactive, strategic, creative, and overall leads with integrity. The individual in the Finance Director position must be able to work collaboratively with all departments to clearly convey the direction of the City. This role is critical to the success of Grand Haven.
This position will enjoy both the freedom to explore new and innovative avenues of operation, as well as essential support for growth and success.
- We’re looking for a Finance Director. The salary range is: $81,632 - $106,344
- We offer a flexible and challenging work environment. We offer a comprehensive benefit package.
- We also provide paid time off (including standard holidays).
- Knowledge of governmental laws and regulations.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and governmental accounting principles.
- Skill in communicating both orally and in writing.
- Skill in building and maintaining effective working relationships with multiple constituencies.
- Ability to deal effectively with deadlines and delegate work tasks when appropriate.
- Creation and implementation of the City's Budget. Oversee all financial computer information software.
- Work with Department Heads to organize and prepare budget and audit documentation. Work closely with the City Manager to reflect City Goals into the budget process.
The Finance Director position is based in Grand Haven, Michigan. Grand Haven is a fantastic community of choice, with a vibrant downtown, beautiful boardwalk (Grand River) and an impeccable beach (Lake Michigan). Schools are nationally ranked and the crime rate is among the lowest in the US. Grand Haven's population is slightly over 11,000.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
· Opportunity to step in during an exciting time of transition Citywide.
· City departments welcome and encourage innovation and creativity.
· Be a member of a strong team that enjoys the support and appreciation of City Council as well as the public they serve.
Access the full application here.
Bonnie Suchecki, HR Manager
(616) 847- 4887
519 Washington Avenue
Grand Haven, MI 49417