Financial Analyst, Charlotte
Barry-Eaton District Health Department (BEDHD) is the nationally-accredited public health service agency for Barry and Eaton counties in Michigan. We protect and improve the health of Barry and Eaton counties through education; promotion of healthy lifestyles; and implementation of effective policies and programs for individuals, families, businesses, and communities. Our vision is a community where everyone has the opportunity to live a long, healthy, and active life.
If you are seeking a career in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, now is the time to apply for this new job vacancy! BEDHD is seeking a full-time Finance Analyst, based in our Charlotte office, to join a great group of professionals in an organization that makes a difference to protect and enhance health by promoting and providing innovative and community-based programs and initiatives.
The Finance Analyst performs a variety of accounting functions related to cost accounting, fixed assets, payroll, billing, month-end closing, and financial reporting, including but not limited to:
- Administers payroll & audits timekeeping documents for compliance within established standards.
- Enters employee information into the payroll system, posting changes in pay and tax status, updating premium rates, and other employment changes.
- Maintains time and attendance records.
- Produces reports for month-end closing to include various financial reports: billing, staff utilization, accounts receivable, accounts payable, reconciliation, and activity related.
- Creates and posts required journal entries.
- Assists in billing of services.
- Stays current on government regulations affecting payroll procedures; recommends and participates in the development of new procedures and policies related to payroll operations utilizing knowledge of state and federal policies and regulations.
- Provides support and direction to accounts receivables, accounts payable, payroll, and the general ledger.
- Analyzes and assesses data for the overall organization.
Ideal Candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field of study
- Experience with accounting, payroll and timekeeping software and using electronic medical record (EMR)
- Knowledge and efficient use of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, including the ability to create, edit and analyze complex, multi-layered spreadsheets, macros, formulas, and perform related procedures
- One (1) to Two (2) years of accounting experience, preferred
- Prior experience in government accounting, preferred
- Ability to perform intermediate computer functions such as searching network drives for files, attaching and/or opening files within internal and external email, and advanced computer functions such as mapping network drives, and related operations
- Ability to travel for business using own vehicle or independent transportation to attend meetings, training, etc.
This position receives competitive pay based in BAND M-1A and a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, retirement, and paid time off.
To apply, please click here. Candidates must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
Barry-Eaton District Health Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.