MGFOA Spring Seminar 2024
We are excited to announce that the 2024 Spring Seminar will be offered on a hybrid platform! Attendees can choose to attend live in person at the Kellogg Center or to join via Zoom. Zoom attendees will be able to see the slides and speaker and will also be able to submit questions to the speaker. Attendees attending in person will be able to earn CPE. Those attending virtually will not receive CPE credits. This hybrid approach will allow those that are further from Lansing or unable to commute in to attend and be part of the day.
We are using Whova for our Conference App this year. When you register for the Spring Seminar your name and email will be added to the App. An email will be sent to registered attendees with download instructions 2 weeks prior to the start date.
7.0 for Other and 1.6 for Accounting and auditing have been awarded. Details will be posted in each session description.
click links above for details
- Registration closes March 1, 2024 at midnight. Registration is available on site at the event starting at 7:30am.
- 2023 Back to Basic graduates receive a free registration to Spring Seminar.
- Introduction to Public Finance (normally the day before Spring Seminar) will be virutal this year. MGFOA will communicate the date and time in a separate communication.
- MGFOA events do not have exhibit or sponsor options. MGFOA encourages representatives to attend events and network.
- We will be using an onsite conference mobile app called Whova. It is user friendly and interactive. More details to come.
- The deadline for early bird registration rates is February 23, 2024.
- No refunds will be made for cancellations received after February 23, 2024.
- The ability to switch between virtual and in person will end on February 23, 2024.
You will select a lunch option during the registration process.
- Mesquite BBQ Grilled Chicken Breast GF | with Pimento Dauphinoise, Grilled Asparagus and Classic BBQ
- Churrascaria Salmon GF | with Potato Medley, Roasted Peppers + Onions, Broccolini + Lemon and Chimichurri
- Eggplant Involtini V | with Wild Mushroom Risotto, Roasted Butternut, Vodka Sauce, Basil and Pine Nuts
If you need overnight accommodations, reservations may be made by phone or online with the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center at 800-875-5090. The hotel has a block of rooms at a discounted rate of $140.00, which are available under the group code 2402MGFOAS until February 6, 2024.
Online Reservation Instructions:
- Go to www.kelloggcenter.com
- Click on the “Reservations” link at the top of the page
- Select “Book Now Online” link
- Enter arrival, departure, rooms, and number of adults/children
- Select “More Options” and enter the Group Code 2402MGFOAS
- Click “Check Availability”
Phone Reservation Instructions:
- Call 800-875-5090 and refer to the group code 2402MGFOAS
- Monday-Friday 7:30am-7:00pm and Saturday 10:00am-2:00pm
Parking is available in a covered structure at the Kellogg Center. All-day discounted parking is available to purchase during registration at the $6.00/per vehicle/per day rate. Guests who are staying overnight at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center do not need to purchase a parking pass, as it is included in the room rate.